Friday, January 3, 2014

Painting for Day 3

Painting for the day!  This one is inspired by the wonderful fall trees we had this season. I have always enjoyed painting trees. In the series I am working on now, I really want to capture the range of colors in the season.  There's a lot to explore with this new color palette, so let's see what I can come up with next.
Until tomorrow, Dawn
Colors of Fall  12x24 oil on canvas, palette knife painting
Click here to purchase


Classes start back next week. See the full list here

Plain air Thursdays will start back Jan 30 - weather permitting.
 Find out more on my class Facebook page
or email me with question  dawn@dawnart.com

Happy painting ya'll!

4 comments:

Bill Whitworth said...

Really like the colors in the foliage and the texture, as well as the overall composition. The current weather is making me look back on fall with extra fondness!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thank you Bill. Yes, I fall day would be nice right now. I checked out your work and I like your watercolors. Good luck with the challenge.

Mimi said...

your stuff is gorgeous!!

colors, composition! WOW..