Saturday, January 18, 2014

Painting Day 18 & Color Confidence Workshop

"Spicy Salsa" 9x12 Acrylic on canvas. 

I just spent the past 6 hours talking about my favorite thing - color! This morning, a great group of students joined me at Callanwolde for a Painting with Color Confidence Workshop, and it was a blast. I love their energy and great questions. I think everyone went home with a new handle on how to mix and mange their colors. Thank everyone!

Below is my demo from class. We spent the first part of class talking about the importance of pure color and value. Then we talked about neutrals. I gave demos and exercises on how to neutralize or gray a pure color. After our lunch break we tackled  a still life to practice all that  color knowledge. 

Fabulous artists at work! Thanks for coming out and expanding your color knowledge with me!
Getting ready to start the still life paying close attention to color mixing



Happy Painting!
Until tomorrow . Dawn
Jan 14  Tues Painting Studio 6:30 - 9:30  ** FULL***








No comments: