Monday, March 10, 2014

Why do you do it?!?

Why do we do what we do? This is a question that keeps coming up in the classes I have been at C4 (business classes for artists). I am amazed by how hard this question is to answer.
Easy answers:
I can.  I love it.  I'm curious.  Etc....
Why is this such a hard thing to answer? I have been making art most of my life. I have a degree in painting. I have been teaching painting classes for 14 years. But why do I do this? Well..., I love making 3 dimensional space on a 2 dimensional plane, moving color back in forth within that 2D space.  I  love problem solving, and I just like to walk around and look and think about how so many things are possible on one little planet.

 I have been assigned to make my mission statement  as part of my class work, and after a lot of struggle, I think I have it.

Mission :
Create expressive paintings that elevate the ordinary and encourage the viewer to appreciate the beauty of the day to day.



When it comes down to it, I always feel so lucky. I love my work and I can always learn and improve. 
I look forward to seeing what tomorrow brings. 
Paint on my friends,
Dawn



Spring classes                          

My art now available to purchase online click here to go to my secure market.





No comments: