Friday, March 28, 2014

Plein Air Competition This Weekend!

II have been preparing for my first plein air competition and it's almost here! This weekend is the 3rd Annual Paint Out at the Marietta/Cobb Museum of Art. Check in start at 7 am each morning to have your canvas stamped, although I doubt I'll start that early. All artists have to turn the stamped canvas in at the end of the day. Judging begins at 3:00 on Sunday, followed by a reception and sale from 6:30 - 8:30.

I wanted to make sure I was comfortable and very portable for this weekend so I made a new palette shelf for my easel. I took it out yesterday to give it a try and I LOVE IT ! I had room for everything. I put a shoulder strap on it so it was easy to carry as well.  If you find yourself in Marietta this weekend, stop by and say hello.

Happy painting!                           

See my work at www.dawnart.com
My art now available to purchase online click here to go to my secure market.






No comments: