Monday, February 23, 2015

No Stress Plein air workshop April 17 - 19


April 17 - 19 No Stress Intro to Plein Air.  

Deadline to Registar is April 14

This is a plein air workshop for everybody.  I try to create a relaxed and fun environment for you to learn in. The class will be taught in oils and use palette knife and brush techniques.  I use a limited palette that helps control and harmonize the color and  If you've never tried plein air  and want to give it a try, come on! I even have a few extra plein air easels that you can use if need. I will discus topics ranging from tips on setting up, how to narrow down the scene to dealing with the elements to  flying with your supplies and wet paintings. Each morning will begin with a talk and a demo. Then, I'll help everyone get started and keep working with each student one on one and with group demos. We'll paint at Callaway Gardens, (the azaleas should be in full bloom), and the charming towns in the area, Warm Springs and Pine Mountain. Everything is within a few miles. You'll be surprised how much this area has to offer.
I love to get outside and really try to capture the essence of the landscape.   All levels welcome, even complete beginners. Let me know if you will need an easel as I only have a few.

We'll paint from 10 - 5 each day.
$255.00   Max 10 Students
100.00 deposit to hold your spot
Pay online here 
By check
DawnArt Studios LLC
180 11th ST NE
Atlanta GA 30309

Any questions? Email me at dawn@dawnart.com

Class includes  entrance fee to Callaway Gardens, daily instruction and demos, maps of the area, and a wine and cheese social.

Not included are lodging and meals.
You will need to bring all your painting supplies.

Supply list 

I will have a limited number of easels for rent for $10. Let me know ahead of time if you need an easel, as I have a limited number.
I have family in the area, so I have a list of great restaurants to try. I'll have those links up soon.

Cancellation Policy


Lodging suggestions

Callaway Gardens - This is a great option if you'd like to bring the family.  Free access to the park and many of the amenities****If many of you'd like to stay at Callaway, let me know and I'll try to get a group discount.

Pine Mountain  http://www.pinemountain.org/accommodations

LaGrange  http://www.priceline.com/

WarmSpring http://www.warmspringsga.com/lodgingwarmsprings.htm


Camping / RV

Pine Mountain  RV Park http://www.rvcoutdoors.com/pine-mountain/
FDR State Park    http://www.pinemountain.org/accommodations/f.d.-roosevelt-state-park/

Spring Schedule

March 28 Tues Painting Studio at DawnArt Studios 

3 day workshops
May 14 - 17 Parker Ranch -  No Stress plein air workshop


No comments: