Callanwolde Fine Arts Center * 980 Briarcliff Rd * Atlanta GAPaint with Color Confidence! June 22 10am - 3:30 1 Day
Registrar online here
Class title - Paint w/ color confidence
Class number - 6689
Date - June 15
Time - 10 - 3:30
Fee - $105
or call 404.872.5338
Have you been struggling with controlling color? Do you mix a lot of mud? Well, no more! This class will have you painting with color confidence. Using a simple still life as a reference, learn to work with the color wheel to lighten and darken your colors, find out why values are so important, and more. These color mixing lessons will be taught by demos and then students will use their new knowledge in class with a still set up. Please touch base with Dawn (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions. Bring a sack lunch. Min. 4, max. 10.
Supply List Painting with Color Confidence 2013
For questions email email@example.com
If you already have paints, bring what you have but this is what you need for class. Supplies available at Utrecht or Binders or other art supply stores.
These are the primary colors. Buy the professional brands in these three colors. I have the pigment codes below. Use the pigment codes as a guide to buy the right color as color names change all the time.
- Red - permanent rose/ quinacridone red- pigment code PV19
- Yellow - cadnium yellow, or hue - pigment code PY35
- Blue - Phalo Blue green or blue shade fine -pigment code PB15
- Titanium white 5OZ Tube
- Yellow Ochre or Yellow Oxide
- Beginning brush kit with a mix of bristle and soft brushes.
- 12 x 16 Canvas or larger
- Acrylic and oil disposable Palette Pad 9 x12 . You can use a roll wax paper
- Palette knife plastic or metal
- Sketch pad
- Pencil l
- Roll of paper towels
- Spray bottle for water
- Cup or coffee can to clean brushes in
If using oils
LIQUIN or other medium for thinning the paint
Odorless mineral spirit and a sealed container for cleaning brushes