Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 9 Painting - Mixed Media

Okay, I couldn't sleep last night so I was up at 5:00 am and thought I might as well get some work done. Here is my painting for today. This is an oil on wood. The Plow Boy label is an actually vintage label I came across and thought it would be cool to add into my flower series.

12"x36" oil and paper on wood

Typically I wouldn't just whip out a painting say done. I like to give myself a few days to let all the mistakes crop up. But I guess that is part of the fun of the challenge, seeing what you can accomplish working quickly.

Until tomorrow,,,

PS - The carpet is almost installed!

3 comments:

Sherri Cassell said...

I love this, the colors are so bright and happy and I really like the format you used this time. I bought a 4" by 12" and a 6" by 12" canvases today and you have inspired me to use them soon!

Unknown said...

Thank you Sherri. I look forward to seeing what you paint on your new canvases. Happy Painting

Theresa Grillo Laird said...

As usual I like your bright colors Dawn. I'm also experiencing a change of pace of just painting the thing and letting it go instead of the usual mulling it over and amending.I'm learning some pretty interesting things in the process.