Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dawn wins award in Destin & picks up a new gallery!!

Lots of things happened this weekend in Destin. I won an award that came with a cash prize, sold a few paintings and picked up a new gallery. I also discover that doing out of town shows with other artist friends is a lot more fun that having dinner by yourself. Thanks Ann and Anita! All in all it was a good weekend. Of course one of the painting I did sell, was the "Wine Truck" that I was going to re photograph.(See next entry for photo of "Wine Truck").  It alway nice to sell a piece the first time it is shown.

I met Sandy from the Beau Spirt Gallery on Sunday and she expressed interest in my work. I decided to stop by on my way out of town and see what I thought of the gallery. I liked both her and the space. So, I signed a contract and left 5 painting to begin with. 

I am tickled that my paintings are getting attention. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep painting! 

Cheers!  Dawn

Ann Finley Jewelry  http://www.annfinley.com/
Beau Espirt Gallery 1-850-837-0390   

No comments: