Thursday, November 12, 2015

Plein week: Elizabeth City

Painting through all these rainy days in  GA,  really prepared me for the plein air week in Elizabeth City. We can't pick the weather! Oddly enough I've really started to enjoy tackling these grays.

First day, I decided to tackle the harbor from across the boat yard.  "Harbor Hangout" 12x12 oil on panel.
Took a lot of editing, but I'm happy with the results. Someone else appreciated my efforts as well, this one sold the first night of the opening! 
When I found this spot, I fell in love with the scene. "Hard Days Work" 12 x 16 oil on panel

I started this one after a day of painting in the rain, and got a pretty good start on it before the sun went down. Came back to finish it in the morning. This one I turned in for the plein air competition and I'm happy to announce, I won a sponsor award for my efforts. A big thank you to Elizabeth City and the plein air event. I look forward to the next one.

~ Dawn

No comments: