Monday, October 19, 2015

Great weekend for and art show!!!


The weather was perfect this weekend and people came out to see the art and listen to great music. It was just hard to be in bad spirits this weekend at the Brookhaven Art Festival. I haven't done this show in several years, and I am glad I came back.

 A few of my favorite paintings found new homes this past weekend.
Flowers from a Friend, 20 x 20 oil on panel. This painting is based on flowers from my friend  Stuart's garden in my favorite vase. Talulah River, 16 x 20 plein air painting on canvas. This is my favorite painting spot when up at Parker Ranch.  Red Maple, 12 x 16 oil on panel. This was from the Olmsted plein air paint out, and I was pleased with the dappled light in this one.

It is so rewarding when your work in appreciated. A big thank you to my new collectors!!

Dawn

Oct 3 Sat 10:00 - 3:00 Intro to Plein Air 
Oct 9-11, Fri - Sun Painting Retreat at the Parker Ranch Clayton, GA
Holiday Classes**
Nov 11 - Dec 9, Wed 10am - 1 pm Painting Techniques
November 14 - 15, Sat & Sun 10 - 3  2 Day Color Confidence  Workshop
Dec 1 - Dec 15,  6:15 pm - 9:30pm Tues Painting Studio 
**classes held at DawnArt Studios, 180 A 11th St NE, Atlanta GA 30309, unless noted.

Check out all classes available online click Classes and Workshops and choose the Classes and Workshop heading. 

No comments: