Thursday, May 1, 2014

Catching diffused light - today's studio adventure

Update - here is the finished painting. I am happy with the results, but I know I still have a lot to learn! Excited to be working on a new direction with my painting.
    "Goin'a be a Great Day!" 12 x 24 oil on canvas palette knife painting




I started this one in Tuesday nights class. I am curious to see if I can capture the range of color you see along the coast, but not paint it as bright as an Easter egg!  I really want to stay true to the vaules on this one and capture that diffused light. 
I like the direction the sky is heading. So, let's see if I can keep it up when I start working on the foreground. Boat docks are coming soon.


Happy painting!

 Upcoming Classes                       

June 28 Color Confidence1 10 - 3:00
July 19 Palette Knife Workshop  vibrate skies 10 - 3:00
July 26 Palette Knife Workshop  trees 10 - 3:00

See more paintings at www.dawnart.com
My art now available to purchase online click here to go to my secure market.

No comments: