Friday, December 20, 2013

Palette Knife Workshop: Reflections

Last Saturday I taught a palette knife paint workshop at Callanwolde. I thought I would do something to celebrate the season, so we painted poinsettias and chocolate. It was pouring outside, so I was happy everyone could make, and on time, at that!

There are 2 demos for the the class. The one on the right I did the night before and the other is the demo in class. It's always a good idea to run through a painting before the class. It gives you the chance to work out the composition, colors, etc.. in hopes that you don't make a glaring mistake in public!!

Here is the set up for the class. The class was all about painting reflections, so I went shiny object and put plexi glass down on top of the back drop. I had to big a whole bag of truffles to get the one with a green wrapper, so there was plenty left over to share.

I hope you all have a safe and joyful holiday!
Dawn

Happy painting!                             
Classes start back soon.
>

No comments: