Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A week of painting in Provincetown, MA


What a wonderful week of painting and cycling in Provincetown, MA,  I had the opportunity to meet and paint with a great group of artists! Not only were they a joy to be around, I learned a lot from watching them paint and deal with the difficulties of plein air painting. I look forward to it again next year. Below are photos of our group on location and some of my works.

Day 2 painting in the Dunes. 9x12

Second painting on day 2 in the dunes. 12x16

Day 3  setting up in the Moors



Day 4 Mary G and Kate.  Kate's work was a true inspiration to me. Her use of color and expression - I learned a lot just seeing her work.
Setting up in the dunes overlooking the cottages and sea.

Saying good by! What a great experience.

These great cottages!

9x12 on this one I was trying to capture the atmosphere and light of ocean and sky
These last two paintings I did in CT after the Mystic show. I was out at Eastern Point ( I think ) in Groton, CT

Still trying to capture that sense of distance you get on the coast. As I am drawn to intense color , I find it a real challenge to push back my subject.

9x12 totally cool house just off the coast in Groton CT. It's like a water "tree house"!

No comments: