Monday, September 5, 2011

Plein air painting and cycling...Life doesn't get better!

I spent the first week of August in Provincetown, MA just cycling and painting.
I went to take a week-long plein air workshop with Lois Griffel in Cape Cod this summer. Lois studied and taught at the Cape Cod School of Art with Henry Hensche, and took over the directorship of the school for 20 plus years after Henry. Needless to say, Lois is a great teacher and has a lot of knowledge and experience to share.

This is my painting step up for the week.   Easel and paint box on top
and the paints and brushes in the bag.   A great way to get around!
Day 4 of the workshop, we painted in a public garden in East Provincetown.
My new artist friend, Roesmarie, looking for the perfect spot.
Lois is painting a demo. I learned a lot about mapping out my values and temperatures first.
Lois begins to add the color after values have been established.
Everyone asks how I paint while camping, well here's the studio tent.
This is a great shot I took while gallery hopping one evening.
 I think it will make a great painting.  You know how I like to paint bikes.

The pier at P'Town
What a fun tourist shop. Great color!
This will make a great painting as well.

It was a great trip and I learned a lot.  I can't wait to hit the studio!

Cheers, Dawn

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Can't wait to see your paintings up close, Dawn. For some reason, this is the one blog that takes forever and a day to open, but it is always worth the wait. Love the tent studio!

Unknown said...

Sorry a bout that, I wonder if I just have too many photos and videos. I'll take a look at it.
Thanks for your comments.