Friday, July 1, 2011

Paintings from the Palette Knife Workshop

This past Saturday nine wonderful artists new to the palette knife joined me for a workshop at the Callanwolde Fine Arts Center.  The workshop was from 10 - 4 and everyone left with a better understanding of how to use  the palette knife in their paintings. I wish I had brought my camera to the class. Here are to 2 paintings I did to demonstrate the different techniques.  The workshop was a lot of fun and I look forward to teaching it again.  Cheers, Dawn

12x16 "Sunshine"
12x16 "  A Little Color"


1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

Two wow pieces, Dawn. I can't even handle a paintbrush this beautifully. The one time I tried to paint with a palette knife, I just had no luck. If you are ever in the Chicago area to teach a class, I hope you will let me know!