Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Virtual Paint out February - Romania

Okay, here is my third Virtual Paint Out submission. This month is Romania. I choose to work in oils for this painting - which is my first oil painting in over ten years!
Below you can see the google map location that I used to create the painting. I am having so much fun with this. I like the challenge of a new place every month and it's cool to explore new places via the internet.

Follow the Leader
24x24 oil on canvas


Let me know what you think of the new oil painting.
Cheers,
Dawn

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the composition! I always thought I could tell the difference between an oil & acrylic painting, but to me it looks just like one of your acrylics. I'm sure my computer screen doesn't do it justice. Beautiful!

Nancy Goldman said...

I really like the way you cropped the scene and your colors and textures are wonderful.

Unknown said...

Thanks Cristina. I'm going to play with the oils a little more, but if they are just going to look like my acrylics....why worry with the slow dry time and the smell. Hope you're doing well and happy painting to you!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the feed back, Nancy. I went to your blog and enjoyed your work.