Monday, March 29, 2010

Painting process























First I have to find the inspiration. This is a photo taken in Lancaster PA.





















Then I lay out the composition on the canvas. Canvas size is 48 x 36. Next it is layering the underneath color. These will be the colors that show through the spaces in the top layers.





















The next step is building the shapes and unifying the color.





















I'm getting close to finishing this one. I'll be sure to post a photo of the finished painting.

Cheers,

Dawn

1 comment:

Wendell said...

Hi Dawn,
I do so appreciate you sharing your process and technique with everyone. It amazes me how you extract such vibrancy of color from a b&w photograph. I eagerly await the posting of your finished work.

Wendell